Altair Introduces a Disruptive New Licensing Model for the solidThinking Software Suite
“We believe the frictionless access to our entire solidThinking suite and cloud resources through this single licensing model is a market first and compelling offering for SMB and some enterprise customers,” says
The Altair solidThinking™ suite packages a subset of software titles available through the broader Altair HyperWorks offering to rapidly explore, investigate and create structurally efficient, manufacturable product concepts and electromechanical systems. Inclusive of robust solutions for model-based development, generative design, hybrid concept modeling, multiphysics analysis, manufacturability, and photorealistic rendering, each delivers an intuitive user experience catering to the specialized needs of designers, design engineers, and manufacturing professionals with little or no experience with simulation.
Business advantages under the new sTUs licensing model include:
- Packaged for Broad Coverage, Priced for Value: Packaged as a comprehensive subset of applications available through the broader Altair HyperWorks suite, sTUs are less expensive than HWU’s and priced right for SMB customers.
- Access to entire solidThinking suite: Previously licensed as individual products, under the new sTU licensing, customers will be able to access to the entire solidThinking software suite. For example, customers with a single seat of Altair Inspire™ will now have access to nine (9) different software applications currently available through solidThinking.
- On-demand flexibility to run on the desktop or in the cloud: sTU licensing will soon provide the unique flexibility to run enabled solidThinking software applications locally or in the cloud from anywhere, at any time. This model lowers the barrier of entry for organizations with limited IT and compute resources to ramp up simulation-driven design capabilities. For those with a higher simulation maturity-level, the new licensing allows organizations to easily and cost-effectively scale resources to meet increased simulation demand.
The upgrade to sTU licensing has been designed to be straightforward and is available to all solidThinking customers by contacting their appropriate channel representative:
- solidThinking Lease Customers: seamless, no-cost upgrade to sTU licensing enables immediate access to all software titles in the solidThinking suite as well as the ability to run enabled applications in the cloud.
- solidThinking Paid-up Maintenance Customers: all legacy paid-up licenses will be converted to sTU licensing with all the benefits for the same cost currently paid for annual maintenance.
- solidThinking Paid-up Customers Out-of-Maintenance: regional incentive offers to upgrade to sTU licensing are available for a short time through the end of the year.
To learn more about solidThinking simulation-driven design solutions and the value units-based licensing offers, please visit www.solidthinking.com/units.
About Altair (Nasdaq: ALTR)
Altair transforms design and decision making by applying simulation, machine learning and optimization throughout product life cycles. Our broad portfolio of simulation technology and patented units-based software licensing model enable Simulation-Driven Innovation for our customers. With more than 2,000 employees, Altair is headquartered in
Altair Corporate /
+1.248.614.2400 x 392
+49 6421 9684351
Source: Altair Engineering Inc.