Altair Launches WEYV, Platform Offering Consumers Unlimited Access to Entertainment in a Single App Experience
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at:
WEYV is an entertainment app with music, magazines and (soon) TV shows and podcasts all in one app experience
Available for iOS and Android devices and via a web player, WEYV is an entertainment app with music, magazines and (soon) TV shows and podcasts all in one app experience
Not only can you listen to music while reading a magazine, but the more you listen to music in WEYV, the more money is donated to charity
WEYV is available as an ad-free, subscription-based app that allows users to listen to music, read magazines and watch visual content. WEYV is available on iOS and Android devices and via a web player for U.S.-based users.
Key features include:
- All-in-one experience – Music (on-demand and radio) and magazines in one app
- Customization options – Ability to tailor music stations, including sliding scales to set artist percentage and song popularity and filtering options to select genres and decades
- Multi-tasking – Users can simultaneously listen to music while reading a magazine
- Social sharing – Ability to share stations, playlists, songs, articles and reading lists with others via WEYV Notes and social media channels
- Connectivity – Users can invite family & friends and create private groups where everyone can contribute to creating reading lists and playlists
- Access content offline – Download and access music and magazines when a Wi-Fi connection is not available
- Family-friendly content – WEYV adheres to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA) so parents have peace of mind knowing their children can listen to music & read magazines safely
WEYV contains a full catalog of music and magazines including:
- Music from
Universal Music Group, Sony Music and Warner Music Groupand the world’s leading independent labels via the Merlin Network
- Magazines from
Time Inc., including but not limited to PEOPLE, REAL SIMPLE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, FORTUNE, FOOD & WINE, GOLF, INSTYLE, TRAVEL + LEISURE and SPORTS ILLUSTRATED FOR KIDS
- Industry trade publications, including DigitalEngineering, ElectroOptics and FibreSystems
More content – including music, magazines, podcasts and videos – will be added to WEYV on a rolling basis.
“WEYV is the next generation of Altair’s patented content licensing model, allowing us to offer consumers access to various types of content in a way that caters to the usage and scalability needs of families,” said James R. Scapa, Altair CEO.
“Altair’s proven, value-oriented licensing model is the core foundation of the WEYV subscription,” said Stephanie Scapa, CEO of WEYV. “Not only does the model allow our users to conveniently access entertainment in an all-in-one environment and structure a plan to best fit their needs, it also ensures appropriate compensation to our content providers.”
WEYV’s charitable contribution allocations will be determined by music artists and WEYV users. All artists are invited to select their preferred charity from WEYV’s charity program. The more WEYV users listen to an artist in WEYV, the more the charity that artist selected will benefit. Charity program participants include:
- Keep America Beautiful
- Mercy For Animals
- PETA (
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)
- Toys For Tots
- VH1 Save
The Music Foundation
- Wounded Warriors Family Support
WEYV is a platform that offers a full catalog of digital content to U.S.-based consumers and is available via iOS and Android devices and via a web player. WEYV enables users to listen to music (on-demand and stations), read magazines and eventually watch visual content like TV shows and movies. WEYV is committed to donating 0.5 percent of its revenue to charitable causes. For more information, visit www.weyv.com and follow WEYV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
About ALTAIR (Nasdaq:ALTR)
Altair is focused on the development and broad application of simulation technology to synthesize and optimize designs, processes and decisions for improved business performance. With more than 2,000 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy,
Chief Marketing Officer
Source: Altair Engineering Inc.