Altair Introduces Altair Material Data Center, a Modern, Comprehensive, and High-Fidelity Material Database for Simulation
One of the most important decisions in product development is the selection of materials for production. Altair has been investing significantly in the area of material modeling for several years and recently acquired M-Base, a leading international supplier of material database and material information systems with a focus on plastics.
The launch of the
“Altair Material Data Center is yet another compelling solution to help our customers save time, money, and improve product innovation and performance throughout the entire lifecycle of development and manufacturing,” said
- Comprehensive material information management system – access to materials data for metals, polymers, and composites, including data sheets, raw data, and solver cards with full traceability back to the supplier source, ensuring valid assumptions and consistency across teams
- Flexible accessibility and scalability – customers can seamlessly access the
Altair Material Data Centeras a SaaS solution hosted by Altair or privately to manage proprietary information within the solution
- Intuitive user experience – simple web-based interface to intuitively browse, search, view, and compare material data
- Comprehensive simulation-centric data views – material cards can be quickly and easily generated for Altair’s and all major solvers
- Smooth integration – through an open API, the
Altair Material Data Centercan integrate with any desktop/solver for non-disruptive workflow
- Broad and deep partnerships – strong relationships with material manufacturers, ensuring accurate, high-quality, and up-to-date material information
- Collaboration – material experts can collaborate on the material curation process before it is published in the
Altair Material Data Centerfor enterprise-wide domain specific access.
“Baosteel is proud to collaborate with Altair to deeply integrate our material data into the digital development process of automotive industry users while ensuring the data is easily accessible via Altair products and other commonly used CAE software without complex data processing,” said Dr.
“We are extremely excited to have SABIC’s polymer material data included in the
For more information about the
About Altair (Nasdaq: ALTR)
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations across broad industry segments to compete more effectively in a connected world while creating a more sustainable future. To learn more, please visit www.altair.com.
Altair Media Contacts:
+49 7031 6208 0
Source: Altair Engineering Inc.